-A A +A
Last Updated on: 26-Nov-21

IFCI Tax Saving Long Term Infrastructure Bonds

Who are the Registrar & Transfer agent (Registrar) of IFCI Long Term Infrastructure Bonds?
Infrastructure Bonds Series-I & II (Issued during FY 2010-11)

Beetal Financial & Computer Services (P) Ltd.
Beetal House, 3rd Floor, 99 Madangir, Behind Local Shopping Centre
New Delhi – 110 062
Ph. Nos.: (011) 29961281-83, Fax No : (011) 29961284
Email : ifci@beetalfinancial.com

Infrastructure Bonds Series-III, IV & V (Issued during FY 2011-12)

Karvy Computershare Pvt. Ltd.
Plot Nos. 17-24, Vittal Rao Nagar, Madhapur, Hyderabad-500 061
Ph. Nos.: 040-44655000, Toll Free No.: 1800-34-54001, Fax No : 040-23431551.
Email : ifcibond@karvy.com

My address/bank account details have changed, how should I get these changed in your records ?

For holders of Bonds in demat mode, address and bank account details are taken from the demat accounts. Hence, kindly get the changes incorporated in the records of the depository participant (DP) where you have your demat account.

For holders of Bonds in physical mode, please give your request in writing to the Registrar for respective Series of Bonds, as mentioned above. In case of change in bank account, a cancelled cheque or copy of cheque of the bank account is required to be attached. For change of address, you have to attach a self-attested copy of valid address proof such as ration card, driving license, electricity bill/ landline telephone bill (both not older than 3 months), passport, Voters' ID or latest bank statement/passbook.

I want to add/change nominee, what is the procedure ?

Please fill in the Nomination Form with complete details, sign it and send/ email to the respective Registrar, as mentioned above. To download nomination form please click here

I have not yet received refund/allotment advice/ Bond Certificate. Please advise.

The allotment advice, refund orders and bond certificates of all Infra bond issue have been dispatched to investors. In case you have not received, kindly write to the respective registrar to the issue as mentioned above.

I have received the interest warrant but there are mistakes in my Bank A/c No.

Please return the interest warrant along with request letter providing the correct bank account details and blank cancelled cheque to the respective registrar mentioned above. After due verification, rectifications will be carried out and fresh warrant will be issued.

The validity of Interest Warrant/ DDs has expired. Please let us know the procedure for revalidation.

Please submit the original Interest Warrant/DD with a request letter for the same to the respective Registrar as mentioned above for needful action.

I have not yet received Bond Certificate or I have lost my Bond Certificate.

You have to intimate the above matter to IFCI / Registrar to the issue, providing your folio no. In case the certificates have been returned undelivered by postal authorities, the same shall be re-sent to you after necessary verification. For issue of duplicate bond certificates, please fill the Indemnity Form on non-judicial stamp paper of 100/- with a request letter and send it to the respective Registrar. To download Indemnity Form please click here

I have received allotment advice/bond certificate, but there is mistake in first holders’ name/surname/nominee name. What is the procedure to rectify the same?

Please send the allotment advice / original bond certificate along with a request letter to the Registrar for respective Series of bonds, as mentioned above, preferably with supporting documents. After due verification, rectification will be carried out.

Will TDS be deducted on interest on Bonds?

As per current provisions of Income Tax Act, 1961, TDS will not be deducted, if bonds are held in demat mode. In case bonds are held in physical form TDS will be deducted on interest on bonds where interest paid or payable to a resident individual bondholder exceeds 2,500/- in a financial year.

What should I do if I am not liable to pay tax / TDS is not required to be deducted?

Please submit the declaration in the prescribed form 15G (inter alia applicable for resident individual bondholders), Form 15H (for senior citizens), certificate under section 197(1) of the Act issued by the Assessing Officer for nil / concessional rate of TDS.

I want to transfer the allotted bonds from my existing demat account to another demat account (holder being same). As the bonds are in lock-in period. I am unable to transfer my bonds. What should I do?

During the 5-year lock-in period from the deemed date of allotment, these bonds are not transferable. But, if the beneficial owners of both the demat accounts are one and the same, this can be done by corporate action at the end of issuer (here IFCI). For this purpose, you are required give your request to your DP (where your bonds are currently held), who will take further necessary steps for it. Applicable fees of NSDL / CDSL shall be payable by the holder.

The first holder of the bond has expired. How can the bonds be transferred either in the name of second holder / nominee?

For bondholders holding the bonds in physical form, following documents have to be furnished along with request letter to the Registrar :

  1. Original Bond Certificate
  2. Request letter duly signed by nominee
  3. Photo identity proof viz passport /driving license/pan card/Election commission card duly attested
  4. Attested copy of Address Proof
  5. Attested true copy of death certificate

For bondholders holding the bonds in demat form, the above mentioned documents are to be sent to the respective Depository Participant, where the demat account of deceased holder is held and then the same will be forwarded to the Registrar of the issue for needful action.