IFCI, since its inception has been playing a crucial role in accelerating industrial growth of the country as also instrumental in creating socio-economic climate conducive for achieving rapid industrial development of the country.
Keeping in view the developmental needs of the country, IFCI, in the year 1979, took a lead and promoted MPCON a Technical Consultancy Organization along with other apex Financial Institutions such as IDBI, ICICI, PSU Banks and various state Government Corporations to cater the needs of industry and entrepreneurs.
In December, 2009, IFCI became largest shareholder of the entity at 80% thereby bringing MPCON under its umbrella for providing necessary support and consultancy to industry and entrepreneurs at large.
MPCON is having its office in the States of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh thereby catering to the following clientele :
- Small and Medium Enterprises,
- Individual Entrepreneurs,
- Government Departments and Agencies,
- Various State /National Level Institutions,
- Commercial Banks and
- Other Various Institutions.
The following segments are covered by MPCON to cater the above clientele at large not only in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Rajasthan but all over India as well :-
- Quality Management Consultancy
- Consultancy for Urban Local Bodies
- Compilation of Project Reports and Studies
- Training & Capacity Building Programmes
- Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development (STED) Project
- Internship Programme in Entrepreneurship
- Training Programmes and Workshops on Medicinal Plants
- Job Oriented Training under Aajeevika Programme